Tuesday 7 January 2014

turkey burgers

 put a pink and white (Caxtons) in the microwave for 20 seconds.   I will never eat one without microwaving it again.  They are 2.5 syns each
Turkey burgers
 
 
 
400g – 500g turkey mince (extra lean)
  • 1 slice of bread soaked in 4 tbsp milk for 5 minutes. Mash with a fork.
  • 1 egg, lightly beaten
  • 1 onion, finely chopped
  • pinch of Italian herbs
  • pinch of paprika
  • pinch of garlic granules or 1 clove crushed garlic
  • salt and pepper

  • Mix all ingredients together until combined.
  • Take a golf ball size of the mixture (I use an ice cream scoop) and follow the directions below...
  • I don't have a burger press but I do have a handy tip :)
    You will need some greaseproof or baking paper, scissors and an old, clean lid.
    • Cut the paper into squares, I cut about 10 pieces.
    • Place one square onto a chopping board.
    • Take a scoop of the mixture and place it in the middle of the paper.
    • Place another piece of baking paper over the top of the mixture.
    • Place the lid over the top of the mixture and paper.  Press firmly.




    • Give the lid a twist back and forth before removing.
    • Lift the top sheet of baking paper off and place it to one side so that you can use it on the next burger.
    • Place the burger just made, bottom paper and all, on to a plate.
    • Take a new piece of paper, place it on the board and start again.
    • Repeat until all of the mixture has been used.
    I usually stack them on a plate and then cover with cling film and chill in the fridge for 20 minutes.  This is to help them firm up but I have put them straight under the grill without chilling and they have been fine.  My 2 top tips would be to spray them with BBQ Frylight, it gives them a lovely flavour and to not turn them over until the top is nicely browned
     
    I have taken these  pictures and recipe from this blog It is fabulous and the woman is an inspiration to me

    No comments: